Cast AlNiCo Magnets
AlNiCo material is comprised of aluminum,nickel,cobalt and iron with varying additions of other elements.There are two different manufacturing processes for AlNiCo:Cast and sintered.
Alnico magnets can be made into many shapes and sizes during manufacturing process by using the casting processing method. Cast Alnico magnets are manufactured by pouring the molten metal alloy of Alnico into a mold and then further processing it through heat treated and cooled alternatively. The solidified material has a dark gray appearance on the exterior and may be roughly ground. Magnets that have been polished using machines, may have a shiny gray surface similar to that of steel.
Attributes of Alnico Magnets:
- high flux density
- superior temperature stability
- economical and suitable for the manufacture of magnet of relatively large size
- excellent temperature characteristics of any standard production magnet material available
Applications of Alnico Magnets:
- precision instruments
- advanced electrical meters
- water meters
- mobile odometers
- eletricity motor switch
- electroacooustic and telecommunication devices
- spinning topes and microwave devices